Step 2: Clean your data
• Delete any friends, family, or irrelevant connections that aren’t your perfect prospects from your list
• Create a separate tab for campaign tracking with header columns for First Name, Last Name, Company, Title, LinkedIn Profile, and to track Message 1, 2, and 3
Step 3: Create your messaging sequence
We like to use a simple framework of the following 3..
• Message 1: Provide value - give value in the form of content or a solution
• Message 2: Ask - ask if it makes sense to take the conversation offline
• Message 3: Follow-up - follow-up on your ask to see if they are interested
Step 4: Segment your list and send your messaging sequence
• Segment your list depending on the messaging volume you’d like (don’t exceed 50/day)
Ex: If you have 100 connections, you can split into 2 groups
• Start with message 1 and send to your segment of connections
• Use the campaign tracking sheet to mark the prospects that you sent message 1
• Copy the messaging URL for each prospect into your tracking sheet for easy access during follow-up
Step 5: Send follow-up messages
• Send message 2 and 3 as follow-ups, spaced out by 1-2 weeks
• Schedule any interested leads into an appointment
If you have your ICP nailed down and your messaging right, you can expect an 8-10% positive response rate.
This means if you have 100 connections, 8-10 of them will be interested in an appointment with you or your sales team.
What would 8 more appointments a month with qualified, ideal prospects mean to you?
Let’s do some quick math to find out..